Friday, March 02, 2007

Steve Harvey Morning Show woke us up Friday




Ruben Studdard awakened a sleepy crowd at the Charlotte Convention Center this morning. And they were sleepy with good reason. Many of them had been in line since 3 a.m. to make sure they got a seat for the 6 a.m. "Steve Harvey Morning Show," which featured Ruben.

I stood in the back with the stragglers. We arrived around 6:30, just in time to hear Ruben belt out a couple of tunes. He sounded great. Then Harvey invited members of the audience to come on stage and sing. They didn't sound great. Actually, one of them was OK.

Off to the side of the stage was a sign-up table for aspiring JET Magazine swimsuit models. Don't get too excited, guys. They were just taking their information and head shots, fully clothed. But I shot some photos anyway.

Two people who applied were Lewis Steward (they need male models too) and his girlfriend Tukesia Garner of Trenton, N.J. They're in the picture above. Steward, who's from Philadelphia, asked me what I thought his chances were. I told him pretty good.

He was starting to get his hopes up, then realized I wasn't the JET photographer. My bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The CIAA should be ashame of themselves for letting Steve Harvey piggy-back on all the work that Tom Joyner has done to extend the reach of The CIAA and all of the HBCU's. For Tom Not being there was an insult.Let Harvey and other Morning show host find there on nitch. I bet you won't see Steve Harvy sending anyone to college.
He needs to go back to school to learn how to speak English

chocolatelady4j said...

EXCUSE ME!I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I'M A FAN OF STEVE AND YOU STEPPED ON MY TERRITORY BY COMMENTING ON SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT.FIRST OF ALL STEVE IS THERE BECAUSE "FORD" YEAH THE COMPANY FORD LIKE F-150.YEAH, SO I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THEY GOT A CONTRACT TOGETHER AND THEY ASKED HIM TO COME ON THERE PART FOR YOUR INFORMATION.SEE YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IF YOU WERE A FAN OF HIS BUT YOU NOT SO I HAVE TO SCHOOL YOU.BY THE WAY STEVE HAS NITCHES ..AS YOU CALL THEM ITS CALLED FORD.FOR AS SENDING SOMEONE TO COLLEGE,I KNOW ABOUT THAT TO, HE SENT HIS DAUGHTERS SO HE SHOULD GET SOME CREDIT FOR THAT.HIS ENGLISH MIGHT NOT BE ALL THAT GOOD BUT LOOK WHAT HE DO SO THAT MAKES UP FOR IT.JUST BACK OFF STEVE BECAUSE THATS MY BOY AND HE MIGHT HAVE FLAWS WE ALL DO EVEN YOU SO DONT BE TRYING TO PUT HIM DOWN.SWEEP AROUND YOUR OWN FRONT DOOR BEFORE YOU TRY TO SWEEP AROUND HIS.THANKS,BUT NO THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT.